Data Privacy Notice
The policy shall safeguard the fundamental human right of every individual to privacy while ensuring free flow of information for innovation, growth, and national development. RDPI and RD Cash also recognizes the vital role of information and communications technology in the company and nation-building. The Company adheres to the State’s inherent obligation to ensure that personal data in information and communications systems in the government and in the private sector are secured and protected.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- User name
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Country of residence
When necessary, we may seek to verify or supplement these information with third-party entities including government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you.
In the course of availing our products and services, we also collect information about your transactions and dealings which include your account activities, movements and interactions with third parties such as merchants and utility companies.
We may also collect, use and keep your personal opinions or comments made known to us via feedback or responses to surveys or any other interaction that you had with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Approve, facilitate, administer and process applications and transactions;
- Respond to queries, requests and complaints and improve how we interact with you;
- Send you statements, billings, notices and other such documents necessary for continued use of our products and services;
- Conduct studies and researches for the purpose of reviewing, developing and improving our products and services;
- Perform profile analysis, behavioral modeling and analytics to understand needs, preferences and market trends to be able to improve and recommend suitable products and services;
- Reach out to you regarding products and services information, including offers, promotions, discounts, rewards; and for personalizing your experience with our various touchpoints such as branches, call center, telemarketing, email, messaging and other channels;
- Determine the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and initiatives; provide location-based services such as finding the ATM or branch nearest to you; perform certain protective safeguards against improper use or abuse of our products and services including fraud prevention;
- Comply with our operational, audit, administrative, credit and risk management processes, policies and procedures, the terms and conditions governing our products, services, facilities and channels, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas rules and regulations, legal and regulatory requirements of government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction, as the same may be amended or supplemented from time to time.
- Comply with applicable laws of the Philippines, the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA) and the implementation of know your customer and sanction screening checks comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to credit bureaus, credit information companies, the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations) responding to court orders and other instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other similar authorities;
- Perform other such activities permitted by law or with your consent.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties, under an obligation of confidentiality.
- We may share personal information with various units within RDPI and RD Cash in order to better understand the way you use our products and services. This will allow us to improve our services and offer you opportunities to obtain such other useful products and services that may deliver greater value to you.
- We may share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to likewise offer you additional products and services that we believe you might find interesting.
- We may share with third parties that we engaged to support us in delivering our services to you. These may involve anonymous or aggregated information to help improve our products, services, and content.
- We may also engage third parties to help us operate our business. These include support in:
- complying with legal requirements such as court orders;
- addressing fraud, security or technical issues, to respond to an emergency or otherwise to protect the rights, property or security of our customers or third parties;
- to carry out all other purposes set out above.
Further, if you are, become, or apply to become a client of any of our subsidiaries and affiliates, RDPI and RDCash and the subsidiary/ies and/or affiliate/s concerned has the option, but not the obligation to, rely upon, use, and share your relevant personal and/or account information for any of the following purposes:
- To facilitate your account opening or application with the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s;
- To validate, consolidate or update your customer information records and/or credit history;
- To provide consolidated billings, deposit or investment summaries or other reports as you may request;
- To send you reminders, announcements, promotions, offers, invitations and other notifications;
- To enroll you in loyalty or similar client-oriented programs of the RDPI and RD Cash Group of Companies;
- For research purposes or to design banking, financial, securities and investment or other related products or services for your use;
- For promotional and/or marketing activities of RDPI and RD Cash or of the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s; and/or
- To comply with a legal obligation to which RDPI and RD Cash or the concerned subsidiary/ies or affiliate/s is subject.
- We may transfer, store, and/or process your personal data outside the Philippines. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Privacy Act and its implementing rules and regulations.
We wish to assure you that we do not, and will not, sell personal data to any third parties. All our engagements with third parties shall be fully compliant with our obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under the applicable agreements and/or terms and conditions or any applicable laws that govern our relationship with you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We fully recognize the value of your personal information particularly as it may include sensitive personal information such as your gender, government-issued IDs, etc. Appropriately, we strive to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural safeguards. We train our employees to properly handle your information. Whenever we engage other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
In respecting your rights to privacy, you may opt to tell us:
- not to send you marketing materials via email;
- not to share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates or with other companies that we have business with provided that such information is not critical nor required by applicable laws and regulations in maintaining the services that you have availed with us;
- to provide you with information that we currently have about you subject to restrictions applied to us as a bank and a company operating in the Philippines by certain laws and regulations;
- to update your information;
- about your other concerns relating to how we collect, use, share, protect or dispose your information.
- We may charge a fee for processing your request/s for access and/or update. Such a fee depends on the nature and complexity of your request. Information on the processing fee will be made available to you prior to making the request.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For all your data privacy concerns, including complaints, please email [email protected]
TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DATA PRIVACY ACT OF 2012
Please visit the website of the National Privacy Commission (https://privacy.gov.ph)